Disclaimer: The Walt Disney Company invited me to check out Villains After Hours at Magic Kingdom Park in order to facilitate this review. They provided me with 4 tickets and a free snack.
Greetings, ghastly ghouls!
Last week, I gathered three of my most mischievous friends and made my way to Magic Kingdom for a night we will never forget! I was invited to attend Villains After Hours at Magic Kingdom Park for what was promised to be a wonderfully wicked soirée.
Did Villains After Hours live up to the hype?
Villains After Hours is a separately ticketed, “after hours” event taking place at Magic Kingdom Park this summer. With just three of these special events left in 2019, now more than ever is the time to check out this malevolent party. The three Villains After Hours events coming up are taking place on the following dates:
- Thursday, July 25, 2019
- Thursday, August 1, 2019
- Thursday, August 8, 2019
7 Reasons to attend Villains After Hours at Magic Kingdom Park
- Villains Unite the Night — This SPOOKTACULAR stage show stars Hades, Meg, The Queen, Jafar, Maleficent, and some of the most amazing castle projections I’ve ever seen. The show takes place 3 times every night at Cinderella Castle and is an absolute “can’t miss” during Villains After Hours.
- Included Snacks — Unlimited ice cream and popcorn are included with the price of your ticket! We found Mickey Ice Cream Bars, Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches, and Premium Fruit Bars (these were delicious!) in all of the snack carts spread across the theme park.
- Included Drinks — Select bottled beverages are available at all of the snack carts. We found water (Dasani), Coca-Cola, and Sprite throughout the theme park.
- Special Photo Opportunities — Fun and unique Disney PhotoPass opportunities are available throughout the event. We enjoyed taking part of the Maleficent, Scar, Ooogie Boogie and Hades “magic shots” while at the event. Ask any Disney PhotoPass photographer where to find these special set-ups!
- Low Crowds and Wait Times — Do 5 minute Magic Kingdom Park attraction wait times sound appealing to you? They sure do to me! Many attractions which were available during Villains After Hours had 5-10 minute wait times. In fact, a lot of them were “walk on.” After Hours events are worth it just for the low wait times.
- Ride Overlays — You can find villain-inspired surprises at Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain once the party begins. The “complete darkness” and high-energy “evil” soundtrack on Space Mountain were truly out of this world. I couldn’t believe how different the Space Mountain experience was in the complete darkness!Pirates of the Caribbean remains the same for the most part, but adds “real” Pirates! We found two pirates in the queue and one inside of the attraction itself. They loved interacting with Guests and made for some fun videos and pictures!
- Maleficent — Keep your eyes peeled as Maleficent, the fabulous fire-breathing dragon, slithers her way through Magic Kingdom after dark for the first time ever! Check out my Villains After Hours Instagram Highlights to see a video of her making her way throughout the park. It was seriously cool!
Villains After Hours Tips + Extra Info:
- Villains After Hours takes place from 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM.
- Guests with Disney Villains After Hours tickets can enter the park at 7:00 PM on the night of the event. Take advantage of these “extra” hours in the park and maximize the price of your ticket! This is also the perfect chance to watch the Happily Ever After fireworks spectacular before kicking off your villainous night!
- If you enter early (at 7:00 PM) and plan on catching Happily Ever After, I suggest doing so from Fantasyland or Frontierland. Once the fireworks are over and non-after hours Guests start to make their way out of the park, Main Street U.S.A. can get quite hectic! Watching the fireworks from Fantasyland or Frontierland also makes it easier to quickly make your way to one of the many Villains After Hours stops, attractions, or snack carts once the party officially begins!
- Villains will not be participating in Character Greetings during the event.
- You are allowed to wear your most villainous attire! However, there are costume rules and guidelines in place. Please visit the dress code and costume guidelines page to learn more!
- Don’t forget your DISCOUNTS! Admission to Disney Villains After Hours can be purchased in advance for $139 per adult or child (plus tax) or on the day of the event for $144 per adult or child (plus tax). However, Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of specially priced advance purchase tickets for just $109 per adult or child (plus tax)!