This post was sponsored by SwimWays as part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
All in favor of summer, raise your hand(s)!
National Learn to Swim Day is quickly approaching and I am getting ready by teaching my baby to swim, getting her acquainted to the water, and introducing her to one of our family’s favorite summer accessories: the SwimWays Baby Spring Float Sun Canopy!
Pools have long been a part of our family. I grew up with a pool in my home, and now my daughters are growing up with one of their own. Needless to say, I am passionate about water safety.
My oldest daughter learned to swim at 18 months of age — but even so, we used a Swimways Baby Spring Float Sun Canopy to get her comfortable in the water. No matter how old your little one is, those big swimming pools can be quite intimidating! Children who are afraid of or intimidated by swimming pools are more likely to be reluctant to learn to swim.
As a mother, it was important for me to help both of my daughters explore and grow accustomed to our pool safely — and boy, was each experience different!
You see, my oldest daughter immediately acclimated to the water. An Aquarius by birth, she has never met a tub, pool or ocean she was not interested in conquering.
My little one? Not so much! She has always been afraid of anything larger than her baby tub and makes sure EVERY ONE knows it.
However, this won’t keep me from trying to get her comfortable in the water. For me, water safety is a #1 priority and when it came time to start teaching her to swim, we turned to the SwimWays Baby Spring Float Sun Canopy once again!
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, drowning is the second-leading cause of unintentional injury-related death for children ages 1 to 14.
Let me repeat that for those in the back:
DROWNING is the SECOND-leading cause of unintentional injury-related death for children ages 1 to 14.
Even if you don’t have a pool of your own, you will someday visit a family member or friend with one. You may someday be invited to a pool party or to a park with a pool. Living in Florida, I have heard countless horror stories about children found at the bottom of pools after a family party. There is absolutely no excuse for not teaching children how to swim!
In 2012, SwimWays created the National Learn to Swim Day. This day was dedicated to educating parents and children about water safety and the importance of learning to swim.
This Saturday, May 19th, is the 7th SwimWays National Learn to Swim Day. By working together to promote learning to swim, we can improve this unnerving statistic and make water safe for everyone!
Ideas for Celebrating National Learn to Swim Day
- Enroll your kids in swim lessons! Many places accept babies as young as 6 months of age.
- Host a group swimming lesson at one of your local pools!
- Take a CPR or First Aid class — always be prepared!
- Talk to your older children about water safety.
How to Find Swim Lessons for your Family
- Visit the USA Swimming Foundation’s website to find Make a Splash Local Partners!
- Sign up at your local YMCA.
- Sign up at your local Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
TIP: Make a Splash is a national child-focused water safety initiative created by the USA Swimming Foundation. Make a Splash Local Partners are swim lesson providers who offer free or reduced-cost swim lessons and/or water safety education to children and families in their community. Local Partner programs are vetted by the USA Swimming Foundation to ensure strict adherence of industry best practices.
Why I’m Partnering with SwimWays for National Learn to Swim Day 2018!
The SwimWays Baby Spring Float Sun Canopy has been our “go to” baby float ever since I had my first daughter 6+ years ago! SwimWays has long been an industry leader in promoting water safety and helping children of all ages learn to swim. It is the brand we use, trust and always recommend!
The Baby Spring Float Sun Canopy is made for babies 9-24 months of age. Year after year it is the #1 selling baby float in the U.S. and consistently receives 4 & 5 star ratings by consumers like myself!
Some of my favorite features of the SwimWays Baby Spring Float Sun Canopy are the following:
- Large circumference and patented inner spring around the outside edge for added stability.
- Fabric-covered inflation and a soft mesh seat for durability and comfort.
- Safety valves and dual air chambers enhance security.
- Adjustable and removable canopy with 50+ UPF sun protection.
- Mesh play space for toys and splashing.
- Folds flat into three compact circles for portability and storage. Includes a carry bag.
Do your children know how to swim? Will they be learning before the start of this summer? If so, now is the time to start getting them used to the water.
Visit your local Target to pick up a SwimWays Baby Spring Float Sun Canopy for your little one!
…and don’t forget, just keep swimming!
Connect with SwimWays on social media to learn more!
- SwimWays Twitter page: https://twitter.com/swimways
- SwimWays Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/swimways
- SwimWays Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/SwimWays/
- Swimways Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/swimways/