Did you know that according to safekids.org–
Road injuries are the leading cause of preventable deaths and injuries to children in the United States. Correctly used child safety seats can reduce the risk of death by as much as 71 percent.
Top Tips from SafeKids.org
- Seventy-three percent of car seats are not used or installed correctly, so before you hit the road, check your car seat. Here’s a quick car seat checklist to help you out. It takes only 15 minutes. If you are having even the slightest trouble, questions or concerns, certified child passenger safety technicians are able to help or even double check your work.
- Learn how to install your car seat for free. Safe Kids hosts car seat inspection events across the country where certified technicians can help you learn to install your car seat properly. They will teach you so that you can always be sure your car seat is used correctly. Find a Safe Kids car seat checkup event near you.
- Buy a used car seat only if you know its full crash history. That means you must buy it from someone you know, not from a thrift store or over the Internet. Once a car seat has been in a crash or is expired or broken, it needs to be replaced.
- We know that when adults wear seat belts, kids wear seat belts. So be a good example and buckle up for every ride. Be sure everyone in the vehicle buckles up, too.
- Never leave your child alone in a car, not even for a minute. While it may be tempting to dash out for a quick errand, the temperature inside your car can rise 20 degrees and cause heatstroke in the time it takes for you to run in and out of the store.
See more at: Safe Kids
It’s the holiday season and that means there’s a good chance that you’ll be traveling with your family a lot over the next few weeks! We want your little ones to be safe while you’re on the road, so we’ve teamed up with our friends at Diono to bring you a fantastic giveaway for the Diono Pacifica Convertible + Booster Car Seat!
Here are some details about the Pacifica Convertible+Booster Car Seat from Diono:
The New Diono Pacifica is the ultimate in car seat safety with new extra deep side walls providing enhanced side impact protection, taking Diono car seats to a whole new level. With its extended rear-facing capabilities, it can comfortably seat rear-facing children from 5 to 50 lbs. and forward-facing children from 20 to 90 lbs. in 5-point harness mode (up to 57″ in height). Additionally, it converts to a booster for children between 50 and 120 lbs. or up to 57″ in height.
Its unique SuperLATCH™ system makes installation easy and the Pacifica is NCAP crash tested, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions.
The Pacifica has a space saving design allows extra room for passengers while providing a spacious interior for child. It also folds flat for travel and is FAA certified for air travel.
Janessa from the blog Thrifty Nifty Mommy recently had a chance to review the Diono Pacifica Convertible + Booster car seat. Make sure you check out her full review to read about her experience with this car seat.
Diono want to give one lucky reader their very own Pacifica Convertible + Booster car seat! Open to the US only, ages 18 and up. Ends 12/7/15 at 11:59 PM EST.
Enter using the Giveaway Tools form below. Good Luck!
Disclosure: This giveaway is hosted by Viva Veltoro and Thrifty Nifty Mommy, and generously sponsored by Diono. Thrifty Nifty Mommy, Viva Veltoro, and the participating blogs are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Please contact vivaveltoro(at)gmail.com with questions about this giveaway. One winner will be randomly selected using the Giveaway Tools random selector and notified via email. Once notified, the winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or Google. Void where prohibited.