On August 6, 2011, the United States Breastfeeding Committee (USBC) officially declared that August is National Breastfeeding Month. This breastfeeding campaign, funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, was designed to encourage women in their breastfeeding journey by providing support and research about breastfeeding. For example, did you know that new research shows that babies who are exclusively breastfed for six months are less likely to develop ear infections, diarrhea and respiratory illnesses, and may be less likely to develop childhood obesity? That’s pretty cool, right?! In recognition of National Breastfeeding Month (NBM), I’m partnering with a few of my favorite blogs and brands to celebrate! We want to support you in your breastfeeding journey by providing you with some amazing products to help along the way!
The winner of this giveaway will receive an amazing prize package that includes all of the following:
Lansinoh: The Lansinoh family started over 30 years ago with a breastfeeding mom creating her own pure lanolin nipple cream when none other could be found. Today, their breastfeeding and baby supplies are still made by moms, for moms and they put thought, care, and practicality into all of their products. Lansinoh is going to give one lucky mom these awesome items:
- Lansinoh’s brand new Smartpump Double Electric Breast Pump uses Bluetooth technology to connect seamlessly to the Lansinoh Baby App, where you can track pumping sessions, baby’s activities and more, simplifying your pumping routine. Three customizable pumping styles mimic baby’s natural feeding pattern to maximize milk production and comfort. Hygienic closed system design guarantees no milk backup in tubing or motor for easier cleaning. The Lansinoh Smartpump Double Electric Breast Pump Includes: Two sizes of ComfortFit flanges with soft, flexible rims for ideal fit and comfort, cooler bag with ice pack, four bottles, two bottle stands and a carrying tote. Lansinoh’s wide-neck, BPA and BPS free bottles make milk transfer easier and are compatible with the Lansinoh NaturalWave Nipple, so you can pump, store and feed baby conveniently all with the same bottle. Also includes AC Adapter or can be used with 6 AA batteries for on the go pumping (batteries not included). Check out this in depth review of the Lansinoh Smartpump for more info.
- Designed specifically for breastfeeding babies, the Lansinoh mOmma Bottle with NaturalWave Nipple is the perfect bottle for when you are apart from your baby. The NaturalWave Nipple is 100% silicone and BPA free and, based on more than 50 years of research, it enables baby to engage in the same natural sucking actions learned at the breast allowing for a smooth transition from breast to bottle and back again. The winner of this giveaway will receive a 3 pack in the 5 ounce size.
Fairhaven Health: The mission of Fairhaven Health is to develop products designed to safely and naturally promote fertility, pregnancy wellness, and breastfeeding success. From preconception through pregnancy and nursing, Fairhaven Health is there – every step of the way – to provide clinically-proven products to help you along your journey to and through parenthood. To help breastfeeding mothers, Fairhaven Health is offering 6 amazing products to our winner!
- The Milkies Milk-Saver will allow you to save every drop of breast milk that you make – you know it’s a precious commodity! The patented Milk-Saver collects your leaking breast milk as you nurse – allowing you to store extra breast milk effortlessly with each feeding.
- To store your milk, they’re also giving away a Milkies Milk Tray that freezes milk into convenient, 1-ounce sticks that fit into all bottle sizes. They’re made from PET plastic, a food-safe plastic that contains no bisphenol-A (BPA), phthalates, or dyes.
- Recommended by lactation professionals, Milkies Nipple Nurture Balm is safe for both mother and baby. Organic herbal ingredients are combined with natural moisturizers to help provide soothing relief, heal affected areas, and even prevent cracks from reappearing. Milkies Nipple Nurture Balm is lanolin-free, is not tested on animals, and contains no artificial colors, preservatives or animal products. Milkies Nipple Nurture Balm alleviates the discomfort often associated with breastfeeding so it can be a joyous and special time for you to connect with your baby.
- Nursing Time Tea is an all-natural herbal tonic designed to help nursing mothers increase their milk flow and soothe digestive unease of both mother and baby. Nursing can be problematic for many women, particularly in the beginning, and the herbal ingredients in Nursing Time Tea have been used for centuries to promote healthy lactation and bring quick relief to both mothers and colicky or “gassy” newborns. Nursing Time Tea brings together a select array of safe and proven ingredients to aid nursing in three key ways: enhancing the quantity and quality of available milk; alleviating digestive complaints, including gas, indigestion and colic; and providing a rich spectrum of nutritive vitamins and minerals central to robust and healthy nursing.
- Nursing Blend Breastfeeding Supplement is the only dietary supplement that combines herbal support for breast milk production with the vitamin and mineral support that nursing moms need to produce quality breast milk. Nursing Blend was scientifically-designed by doctors and nutritionists to specifically meet the nutritional needs of nursing mothers and their babies and to aid in milk production. It provides 100% Daily Value of most vitamins and minerals, and extra amounts of vitamins known to be especially important for lactating women, including Vitamin D and the B vitamins.
- Milkies Softies Contoured Nursing Pads have a unique 3-layer design that guards against leaks without adding bulk or puffiness to your bra. A plush natural fiber layer rests lightly against your skin, and wicks moisture away quickly. The inner microfiber layer is ultra-absorbent and the outer layer is microbe and leak resistant. Best of all, Softies are contoured in shape to provide a better and more comfortable fit. Designed by nursing moms for nursing moms, Softies are the reusable breastfeeding pads that keep breastfeeding moms dry and comfortable.
Stork Craft: Stork Craft is one of the most recognizable names in the juvenile and teen furniture industry worldwide. Founded in 1945, Stork Craft has since emerged as a leading national brand in North America through quality, affordable products that are backed by strong customer service. This has been the recipe of success for Stork Craft and continues to guide the company into the future. Your child’s safety is Stork Craft’s greatest concern. Stork Craft strives to exceed your expectations in the areas of safety, performance, usability and style. All products meet or exceed North American regulatory standards for juvenile furniture safety and performance. Stork Craft products are designed with the changing needs of contemporary families in mind. Stork Craft wants to give one lucky winner their brand new Polka Dot Upholstered Swivel Glider and matching Upholstered Ottoman!
This glider is the perfect place for breastfeeding your little one. The gentle gliding motion will help soothe your baby, while the 360 degree swivel allows you to reach for items without disturbing your little one during feedings. The supportive back rest with bonus lumbar cushion, padded arms, and 6 inch thick seat cushion supported by metal springs ensure that you will always be comfortable. The matching Stork Craft Polka Dot Upholstered Ottoman is the perfect compliment to the Swivel Glider. It’s ideal for resting your legs during feedings or if you simply need to get off your feet for a while. The ottoman has a smooth gliding motion to work in tandem with the Polka Dot Glider for a synchronized glide between your body and legs.
Both the glider and ottoman are constructed with a solid eucalyptus wood frame and metal base, so they are made to last! The cushions are also durable as they are made with polyester fabric and can be cleaned easily with a damp cloth. The Stork Craft Polka Dot Upholstered Glider and Ottoman are available in White/Navy or Gray/White color combinations and the winner may choose which color she’d like!
Momsense: Almost every new breastfeeding mom wonders if her baby is getting enough to drink. Momsense developed a patented technology to measure a baby’s breast milk volume intake when nursing! The Momsense Smart Breastfeeding Meter informs moms how much breast milk their baby nursed by providing real-time data and reports. This allows moms to experience peace of mind, anywhere and anytime. The Smart Breastfeeding Meter has three components: the Momsense application, earphones, and a baby safe sensor (embedded in earphones). Once the Momsense earphones are connected to the smartphone and the sensor is placed under baby’s ear, the system is set to measure breast milk intake. Their patented technology follows the baby’s unique physiological swallowing patterns. By tracking and recording the baby’s swallowing patterns, their algorithms calculate in real-time the amount of breast milk consumed by the baby.
aden + anais: When CEO and co-founder Raegan Moya-Jones moved to the United States, she couldn’t find the muslin swaddles used by every mother in her native Australia. So she did what any mother-to-be would do, she rolled up her sleeves and got to work. In 2006, aden + anais was born and can now be found in thousands of stores in 63 countries worldwide. Why muslin? For countless generations, mothers have cared for their children with natural muslin.The lightweight, natural give keeps baby comfy and cozy while the breathable, open weave helps reduce the risk of overheating. And the more you wash cotton muslin, the softer it will get.
Aden + anais recently introduced a nursing pillow to their lineup. Generously sized and positively plump, their nursing + maternity pillow supports expecting moms all through the night and perfectly positions baby during mealtime and play time. Its removable, machine-washable white cover is made from soft, breathable 100% cotton muslin that keeps mom and baby super comfy. Colorful cotton muslin covers are also available in a variety of our signature prints. The winner of this giveaway will receive an aden + anais nursing pillow plus the cover of her choice!
Belly Armor: Belly Armor by RadiaShield is the definitive resource for information and tools to protect your child against the risks of everyday radiation. Emerging scientific evidence is showing health risks from everyday radiation, leading health experts and governments worldwide to advise precautionary measures against this exposure, particularly during pregnancy and early childhood. The WHO (World Health Organization) and European Commission have raised concerns over health risks, with the WHO reclassifying cell phone radiation as a possible carcinogen like engine exhaust and lead. All electronic devices emit electromagnetic radiation, including: cell phones, smartphones, laptops, wi-fi, power lines, televisions, gaming systems, and microwave ovens.
With the Belly Armor Nursing Cover, you can nurse in privacy while also shielding your baby from everyday radiation. Stylish, discrete this cover is 99.9% effective at shielding radiation from cell phones, laptops and other devices. The outer fabric is made with pure cotton and lined with RadiaShield® Fabric, a highly conductive silver textile with the same shielding properties as a 1/4-inch thick sheet of aluminum. It shields by neutralizing incoming electromagnetic waves, canceling out the ambient radiation and reducing your exposure. This nursing cover is available in Aster or Mint fashion options and the winner may choose her favorite.
One lucky person is going to win this entire prize package!
To enter to win, just use the Giveaway Tools form below.
Open to the Lower 48 US States, ages 18 and up. Ends 8/24/16 at 11:59 PM EST.
Disclosure: Viva Veltoro, Thrifty Nifty Mommy, and the participating bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Social Parenting is a participating blogger. One winner will be randomly selected using the Giveaway Tools random selector and notified via email. Once notified, the winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or Google. Void where prohibited. For questions about this giveaway please contact Janessa at firstname.lastname@example.org.