ooking for a work at home job opportunity? Many of us are but don’t know where to start. In the midst of the influx of multi-level marketing scams and get rich-quick schemes, there are many legitimate work at home opportunities.
Telecommuting is defined as the act of
Below we have listed 10 of our favorite work at home/telecommuting opportunities. None of the companies or positions listed are marketing positions (Herbalife, Visalus, Isogenix, It Works!, etc.) and many of them offer benefits and multiple shift options. Please be advised that the majority of legitimate work at home opportunities require that you have a land-line telephone for receiving calls, an updated computer with anti-virus software installed, and a quiet environment. There are a few companies that do not require any phone work, and are chat-based but these are harder to come by and more competitive.
1. Apple– Apple hires work at home representatives for their “Apple At Home Advisor” positions. They offer an incredible training program and round-the-clock shifts. When customers contact Apple with a question or needing any kind of help, Apple at Home Advisors are who they will talk to. At Home Advisors, even those who only work part-time, receive wonderful benefits including but not limited to: paid time away, product discounts, and career growth opportunities! Here is Apple’s description of this position:
When people contact us for help, an At Home Advisor is often the one who responds. From your own home, you’ll be their human connection to Apple: friendly, thoughtful, and real. You’ll answer questions about our products and services, enriching customers’ lives by helping them access the wonder they’ve come to expect from Apple. And every time you save someone’s day, you’ll be amazed by what it does for yours.
Apply to this position here: Apple At Home Advisor
2. American Express– American Express hires work at home representatives for many different positions. Some of these positions include: Travel Counselors, Virtual Customer Care Representatives, and Travel Research Apprentices. Many of their at home positions offer competitive benefits such as insurance (Health, Dental, and Vision) starting day 1, vacation packages, and legal assistance.
Apply to one of the American Express At Home positions by clicking the following link and searching for “work at home” or “home”: American Express Careers
3. Hilton- Hilton offers fantastic work at home opportunities with their Hilton Reservations & Customer Care Team Members work at home position. Hilton also offers a Reservation Sales telecommuting position. They offer part-time and full-time positions and awesome benefits! Here are some of the benefits that Hilton work at home employees receive (quoted directly from their site):
One of the most unique and exciting benefits we offer is the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family. Hilton Reservations & Customer Care Team Members also enjoy:
- Base Salary + iEarn Incentive Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance for Full-Time Team Members — Eligible after 90 days of employment
- Hilton 401 (k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Exclusive Team Member Travel Discount Program
- Paid Time Off
- Recognition & Development Programs
- Leadership Opportunities
You can apply for a Hilton work at home position via the following link: Hilton Worldwide
4. 1800-Flowers– 1800-Flowers has been offering work at home position for many years. They offer customer service and sales positions. 1800-Flowers’ seasonal position was the first work at home job that I ever had, and I loved it! Here is how they describe the Seasonal Customer Service & Sales position:
1-800-FLOWERS.COM’s customer contact center, recent winner of the global call center of the year award, is currently recruiting agents for its Work from Home Customer Service team. This team provides professional, courteous, responsive and accurate service to our customers from the comfort and convenience of their home office. Sales and Service Specialists serve as the first contact customers have with the company and will be responsible for the effective and efficient handling of customer needs. The Sales and Service Specialists will be completing transactions in real time, working simultaneously with multiple software applications; consistently following up on promises and commitments on a timely basis; appropriately identifying and escalating unresolved issues.
1800-Flowers.com hiring is now being handled by Sutherland Global Services. Sutherland Global Services also handles other work at home contracts for large companies.
You can see available jobs at the following link: Sutherland Cloud Source
5. U-haul– If you are looking for a part-time job that allows you to work flexible hours, work from home from anywhere in North America, the Contact Center Work From Home Program might be perfect for you. U-Haul offers customer service and sales positions from home. I have personally referred many friends and family to U-Haul and they love their jobs.
To apply for a U-Haul Contact Center Work From Home Program position please click here: U-haul
6. Nordstrom– Nordstrom has always been one of the best companies to work for. I worked for Nordstrom (Retail and HR) for many years, and they treat their customers as well as their employees wonderfully. Nordstrom now has telecommuting positions in both customer service and sales. They are still treating their employees with the utmost respect by offering a comprehensive benefits package, awesome discounts, and opportunities for growth.
You can search for at home positions by clicking on the following link and searching for “at home” in the keywords section: Nordstrom Careers
7. LiveOps- LiveOps Agents handle many different kinds of jobs. A LiveOps Agent can handle insurance sales, inbound sales, customer service, insurance claims, healthcare, and even roadside service. There is a job for everyone at LiveOps. With LiveOps you control your journey, your schedule, and your business. They also offer no earning caps. The amount you earn is based on your client, the number of calls that come in, and the time you spend talking on the phone.
To apply for a position with LiveOps please visit the following link: LiveOps
8. LionBridge- LionBridge hires Independent Contractors for IT and non-IT projects and business processes. You can find some of their contractors helping to improve the quality of internet services, while others are working from home to help with transaction processing or with the use of online mapping services. They offer task-based and per-hour competitive rates. LionBridge offers some of the highest pay rates I have seen for work at home positions.
You can apply for LionBridge at the following link: LionBridge CrowdSourcing
9. Aetna- Aetna offers many competitive and rewarding work at home opportunities including but not limited to: claims consultants, project managers, underwriters, customer service representatives, and sales representatives. Please note: many of Aetna’s teleworking positions require in-office training, but they have regional offices all over the United States.
To search for a telecommuting position with Aetna visit their site at the following link: Aetna Telecommute
10. Alorica at Home- Alorica, fomerly known as West, is one of the longest standing and best work at home companies. Alorica agents support multiple client needs but most contracts involve customer service, customer support, technical support, and sales. Alorica agents work with companies such as: Comcast, HSN, and Toys R’ Us.
To apply for a position with Alorica visit their ‘jobs’ page at the following link: Alorica at Home
Our Favorite Resources:
Work At Home Mom Forums: WAHM
Work Place Like Home Forums: WPLH
Rate Race Rebellion: Rat Race Rebellion